Thai Red Curry Mussels Recipe
- 2lbs Cleaned and Bearded Mussels
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped onion
- 1/2 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 8oz Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
Start by heating olive oil in a large pan and sautéing onions and garlic till they begin to brown then add in peppers and cook till soft. Add in curry paste and fish sauce and stir in. Pour in coconut milk and bring to boil next add in mussels and put a tight fitting lid on. Allow to cook for three minutes or so. Believe me when you lift the lid you will like the aroma. Serve in a large bowl be sure to mix well and share the saucy goodness and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
There was enough here for two good main courses or you’d get four appetizers. I actually used a wok because you need plenty of room.